The classic love triangle has always been the favourite theme of movie makers. Bollywood and Hollywood has churned out one hit after another from stories of two best friends falling in love with the same girl or guy. Be it Kuch Kuch Hota Hai or the recent Love In The Times Of Cholera, the basic structure of the plot is nothing but a threesome relationship. But in real life these relationships are complicated with slightly less chances of dancing in the rain than you see in the movies.
If you are in a threesome relationship then you are bound to have relationship problems. To solve these problems encountered in a love triangle, use these relationship tips.
Tips To Break A Classic Love Triangle:
- First of all you need to know that your relationship has a third element. Most often it is your best friend or your partner's best buddy who become the 'other' in your relationship. This kind of a complicated relationship can exist only among people who know each other well or at least are acquainted with each other.
- If you are not in a relationship then you are the third angle of the love story and your take on the situation will be different. You are probably a friend of one of the people in a relationship.
- Love triangles get complex with time to it is best to detect it early on. Often people continue in this complex situation blissfully without having a clue about what is really going on. So the misunderstandings and heart aches increases day by day reaching a point of no return.
- If you notice any change in the behavior of your friend towards your partner or your partners friend towards you or any other permutation combination of the same situation then discuss it with your partner first.
- If you do so then you are taking your partner into confidence. He or she will never feel that you have done something behind his or her back or that you are in someway responsible for this complicated relationship situation. In effect you have saved your relationship from trouble.
- The next important step is to save your friendship. The commonest and saddest part of this kind of a three way love affairs is broken friendships. Talk to the 'friend' who has become infatuated with on of the people in a relationship.
- You need to let him or her know that you understand and empathise with their situation but there needs to a solution to this mess. You have to take a call on whether you speak to your friend in the presence of your partner or alone. Both could backfire depending on the nature of your friend.
The basic truth about love triangles is that both of you cannot get the guy or girl, so one of the three has to sacrifice and move on. Under normal circumstances the two people in a relationship should get the first chance.