Tuesday, July 31, 2018

10 Perfect Songs for Long Distance Relationships

man guy laying on the floor listen to music ,Perfect Songs for Long Distance Relationships

 Missing a lover who’s a thousand miles away? Make that distance feel smaller by listening to these songs that are sure to uplift your spirits.

Music has such a profound effect on the human spirit. Whether we’re sad, happy, lonely or missing someone, there’s always a song out there that describes exactly how we feel. But isn’t it amazing that there are songs out there that can perfectly describe the joy, the longing, the anticipation and the sadness of being in a relationship with someone who’s miles and miles away?

Songs about long distance relationships
There are a lot of songs out there that deal with long distance relationships. But some of them may already be clichéd songs that you can get tired of listening to over and over and over again. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of more modern songs that deal with long distance relationships. If you haven’t heard some of the songs on this list, just check out the lyrics and that might encourage you to give it a listen.

#1 I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. If this catchy song doesn’t cheer you up, we don’t know what will! It’s not explicitly stated to be a song about long distance relationships. But the guy who’s singing the song talks about walking 500 miles and 500 more just to fall down at your door. Now is that dedication or what?
When I wake up, well, I know I’m gonna be
I’m gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When I go out, yeah, I know I’m gonna be
I’m gonna be the man who goes along with you
If I get drunk, well, I know I’m gonna be
I’m gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver, hey, I know I’m gonna be
I’m gonna be the man who’s havering to you

#2 Your Call by Secondhand Serenade. This is a song about longing and reminiscing about the times when you were physically there with your partner. And now your relationship revolves mostly around waiting for his or her call. It’s mostly a bittersweet song that deals with not wanting to be alone, but loving your partner enough to accept that you need to be apart for now.
Waiting for your call, I’m sick, call I’m angry
Call I’m desperate for your voice
Listening to the song we used to sing
In the car, do you remember?
Butterfly, Early Summer

#3 West Coast by Coconut Records. You haven’t even left yet, and yet you miss your partner already. You wish you could just take them with you, but you can’t. So once you’ve left, you have conversations out loud and pretend that your partner’s still around. When you listen to this song, you can hardly feel the sense of dread due to the catchy tune. And sometimes, we need to mask the sadness with lightheartedness just so we can keep ourselves afloat, right? 
And I miss you, I’m goin’ back home to the West Coast
I wish you would’ve put yourself in my suitcase
I love you, standin’ all alone in a black coat
I miss you, I’m goin’ back home to the West Coast

#4 Better Together by Jack Johnson. Nothing beats being together. But in the meantime, you can let your memories and your dreams fill in the gap where the miles lay. It’s such a relaxing tune that you can listen to when you’re missing your significant other.
Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it’s so hard? It’s not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
I’ll tell you one thing, it’s always better when we’re together

#5 Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry. It’s your last night together, before you have to leave your partner again. So instead of wallowing in misery, you save the night and have the time of your lives. That’s actually quite a good philosophy. Why make each other miserable when you can enjoy the last remaining hours you have together?
Well we know I’m going away
And how I wish, I wish it weren’t so
So take this wine and drink with me
And let’s delay our misery
Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow, tomorrow I’ll be gone

#6 I Miss You by Incubus. The first couple of days after your partner leaves are almost always the hardest. Their scent and their presence still lingers long after they’ve left. But you know you’ll see each other again in time, and in the meantime, you can just tell your partner that you miss them.
 I see your picture, I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days, but already I am wasting away
I know I’ll see you again, whether far or soon
But I need you to know, that I care and I miss you

#7 California King Bed by Rihanna. Being thousands of miles apart can take its toll on anyone. Sometimes you feel like you want to give up, like you want to be in an easier relationship. But when you’re close to that breaking point, your partner would manage to remind you, in any way that they can, that what you have is worth fighting for.
 Just when I felt like giving up on us
You turned around and gave me one last touch
That made everything feel better
And even then my eyes got wetter
So confused, wanna ask you if you love me
But I don’t wanna seem so weak
Maybe I’ve been California dreaming

#8 So Far Away by Bamboo. We can never be in full control of the things that happen in our lives. But we have to do things to follow our dreams or fulfill our responsibilities, and that includes taking time away from someone we love. Carole King sang the original version of this song. But Bamboo’s soothing voice perfectly captures the longing and frustration of not being able to hold the one you love when you need it most.
Long ago I reached for you and there you stood
Holding you again could only do me good
How I wish I could but you’re so far away
One more song about movin’ along the highway
Can’t say much of anything that’s new
If I could only work this life out my way
I’d rather spend it bein’ close to you
But you’re so far away

#9 If It Means a Lot to You by A Day to Remember. It’s a beautiful and very modern duet about a couple who are on the verge of breaking up due to the pressure of being far apart. But the guy is trying to convince her to just wait until he comes home, so that they can work on their relationship.
 If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear to you that we can make this last.
If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past.
Well it might be for the best.

#10 Jet Lag by Simple Plan and Natasha Bedingfield. You know that feeling of waiting up at strange hours just so you can have a couple of minutes to chat with your special someone? This song perfectly embodies that feeling, along with the feeling of anticipation for when you’ll see each other again. Add a catchy tune, and you’ve got the perfect LDR song to make you both feel better.
What time is it where you are?
I miss you more than anything
And back at home you feel so far
Waitin’ for the phone to ring
It’s gettin’ lonely livin’ upside down
I don’t even wanna be in this town
Tryin’ to figure out the time zones makin’ me crazy


Any relationship needs a soundtrack to perfectly capture what you’re feeling. These songs remind you that there are other couples out there who are missing someone far away, but that should only serve to make your long distance relationship stronger.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...