Monday, April 15, 2013

Flea Market Flirting by Rocked (A new meaning for 'treasure hunting') !!!


Flea Market Flirting by Rocked (A new meaning for 'treasure hunting') !!!
This environment is tantamount to sitting in a coffee shop but waaaayyyy more laid back.

I was out last Sunday afternoon at this great flea market that I go to here in Hollywood on Melrose and was walking around blindly as I tend to do when its 100 degrees out and I’m hung over from Sat eve….

As I was walking around, I started to notice all these great guys that were strolling by casually. The kind of guys that, if I were in a bar, I would have wanted to go up and meet, but most likely wouldn’t have made the effort to do so due to my massive laziness.

Flea markets (and Farmers Markets for that matter), are killer places to meet cool people because it takes a certain kind of guy to like that type of thing (most likely your kind since you are there too), AND it’s highly likely that these guys are in as low key a mood as you are on a Sunday afternoon and more than willing and wanting to strike up a casual conversation with a cute girl (yes – that would be you).

Let me tell you one other thing: the pressure is off outside of the bar scene. In the daytime flea market environment you’re much more likely to hit pay dirt with cool guys in an natural, casual way.

Most flea markets have a food area where seating is available - this is where most of the guys tend to congregate, I have noticed. This environment is tantamount to sitting in a coffee shop but waaaayyyy more laid back because at a coffee shop you risk interrupting someone while they are working or distracted. At a flea market, everyone is there for the same reason, to relax, chill and have casual conversations.

So, the next time you have a free Sunday afternoon – do a bit of online research and see what’s going on in your area - you may surprise yourself with what you learn about your city and about yourself!

Happy hunting!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...