Just when you thought pumpkin pie couldn’t get any better, along comes this recipe. The original recipe calls for toffee sauce and chocolate-almond bark, but, looking to make things simple, I left it as is. Click on the link on the bottom to find the instructions for those toppings.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
- 12 Whole graham crackers
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 Cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Quarts vanilla ice cream
1. Make crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, grind graham crackers well. Add sugar and continue processing. Add melted butter and process again. Press crust, evenly distributing, into a 10-inch glass pie dish. Bake for about 12 minutes, until the crust is light brown around the edges. Cool fully.
2. Make filling. In a medium bowl, add pumpkin, brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Whisk well. Microwave ice cream in 10 second intervals, until slightly softened. Measure out 1 cup of ice cream, cover, and freeze; use it for another use. Transfer remaining ice cream to a large bowl. Add pumpkin mixture to ice cream, quickly fold it in until evenly distributed; if the ice cream starts to melt, freeze for a few minutes, or until nearly firm. Cover the pie with plastic and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until the pie is firm.