Sunday, February 3, 2013

How Do You Appreciate Your Partner ??!!


How Do You Appreciate Your Partner - love letter - i love you
It’s been my personal experience that if I take the time to show appreciation and gratitude to my partner, I receive appreciation and gratitude in return. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, make a vow to show more gratitude in your relationship from this point forward.

I met my fiancé exactly 7 years ago on the campus of Howard University and throughout the years, through a break-up and separate relationships with other people, we’ve maintained a genuine and authentic friendship. I attribute this to the fact that we actually appreciate one another and make an effort to display this appreciation through simple acts of gratitude and kindness. In this overindulgent society, people often associate the word gratitude with monetary gifts or material possessions, and feel these are the primary ways to display appreciation. However, most people prefer simple gestures and heartfelt displays of self-expression because of the sentimental value they hold. Here are a few ways to exhibit gratitude toward your partner:


Spice It Up In The Bedroom
Men love sex. They are simple creatures that require food, sex and sports to survive. I have learned that a little extra attention and more effort in the bedroom is the perfect way to show gratitude to your partner. In my former life I wasn’t the best fellatio performer, but since my fiancé is an avid enthusiast of the act I felt obligated to improve my performance and learn a few tricks.  He consistently goes above and beyond to sexually please me so to show my appreciation for the effort he displays I decided to return the favor with a night of passion. The night consisted of champagne, foreplay, and a series of “love stations” where different sexual acts were performed. He fell in love with me all over again on that night and this has remained one of the things that we do occasionally to re-ignite the spark.


Write Them A Love Letter
I am a lover of old movies about relationships that stood the test of time through faith and love letters sent via mail. There is nothing more beautiful than written self-expression and baring your soul to the person who has your heart. Take the time to handwrite your partner a love letter letting them know just how much they mean to you. It can be as simple as a line from a song that reminds you of them, or writing “I Love You. Always & Forever.”  When my fiancé has been most helpful, loving and supportive, I make it a point to write him a letter reminding him of my appreciation and love for him. Although they would normally never admit it, sometimes men need affirmation that they are being a good partner to us, just as much as we need to know that they still find us beautiful.


Ease Their Load
It’s actually quite unusual to find a household in this day and age where both adults don’t contribute financially. After a long day at the office you dream of coming home and simply relaxing, however household duties and personal life commitments sometimes make it difficult to turn this fantasy into a reality on a consistent basis. If your partner is pulling extra long hours at the office, prepare dinner so that they can come home to a hot meal. Greet them at the door in an apron and sexy black pumps. Share responsibilities that you normally wouldn’t handle to decrease their stress level. I sometimes surprise my fiancé by taking our cars to be washed on Saturday mornings so that he can sleep in after a long stressful week. Small gestures such as these truly resonate with them and they feel that you appreciate them.

Healthy and happy relationships take a great deal of effort and work, but the benefits supercede any amount of energy you put forth. Be the partner that you want to be. It’s been my personal experience that if I take the time to show appreciation and gratitude to my partner, I receive appreciation and gratitude in return. In the spirit of Thanksgiving and the month of November, make a vow to show more gratitude in your relationship from this point forward. Remember, you reap what you sow!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...